Saturday, December 4, 2010

Winter Arrives in Wisconsin

This morning, we woke to a nice two to three inch blanket of snow and more still falling.  Jackson and Morgan were so excited to see it.  Jackson especially, saying "Can we go out and make snow men and go sledding, Momma?"  He was so cute!  We had our breakfast and then got all bundled up to go play (and to scoop the drive and sidewalks).  Thankfully two neighbor boys came down the sidewalk pushing away snow and then they started to help me scoop the driveway.  Man, were they a God send!  I don't think the kids would have had the patience for me to do it all on my own.  The two boys are brothers and their mom & dad are originally from the Lincoln, NE area.  I asked them if they help the neighbors like this every snowfall... they said, "Yeah, but especially for Husker fans!"  How sweet are they!  Thanks James & Andrew!  I gave them $20 since that was the only bill in my wallet.  I think they would have done it for free, but I was in the Christmas spirit and so appreciative.   Jackson helped James, Andrew, and me scoop the driveway and Morgan played with the sled.  The kids had fun for a little while, but only lasted about a half hour.  I guess that was good since I didn't want to be out there much longer either.  We came inside had a snack and listened to Christmas tunes.  Morgan is loving "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" and tries to sing it with me.  When the song is over she says, "Santa, Santa" meaning she wants to hear it again.  Hopefully I'll catch her singing on a video soon.  Jackson likes "Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer" and "Jingle Bells" - he runs to find our holiday door bells that I have out so he can ring them during "Jingle Bells".  So fun!  Kids really do make Christmas special! 

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!! 

First steps into the Wisconsin snow!

"I like it!"

"Hi Momma!"

Yay for sleds!

Jackson starts to work on the driveway.

Still working!

Back inside and ready to sing.  Look at those rosy cheeks & nose!

Lets sing!

Morgan got to the jingle bells before Jackson.  Here she is dancing and ringing the bells. 

No comments: