Monday, March 15, 2010

Spring Is In The Air!

What a wonderful late winter we are having here in Snoqualmie! We have had a few rainy days here and there, but overall, Mother Nature has been spoiling us with some great Spring-like weather. Today the temperature was up to 68 degrees! We are loving it - no complaints that's for sure!

Not much on the home front here in terms of news, but Tom has been taking advantage of the weather by getting some work done in the flowerbeds and getting the garden ready for spring planting. Jackson has been "helping" Daddy by digging in the dirt. And Morgan and I have just relaxed in the fresh air while watching the boys work. Life is good!

I guess some updates on the kids would be in order.

Jackson is now in the Preschool room at daycare. He is really doing well with the older kids - all of which are 2 to 4 years old. He is the youngest in the group by about 4 months, but they have said he is doing better than some of the 3 and 4 year olds. He comes home telling us about what he learned in circle time. Some of it is a jumbled up mess of various details from his day, but most of the time, he is quite clear about what he learned. Tom and I just look at each other with amazement with some of the things he says. The phrase "out of the mouths of babes" is really hitting home these days! He likes to ask us "What are your plans?" and "What's that all about?" Obviously phrases he has heard Tom and I use. He is also quite engrossed with being a part of any conversation, trying to tell people about his little world. And I think he has the mind of an elephant - he remembers names and places and events so well. One of Tom's college football coaches was in town last week - Tom introduced him to Jackson as Coach Lippy (short for his last name). Everyday since then at some point, Jackson asks where Coach Lippy went. Oh, I could go on about the things he says and asks... there are just too many though.

Morgan moved up to the Toddler room at the first of March. She is officially no longer a baby now that she turned one. I am also amazed with how much she has developed in the last two weeks. She has really taken off with her walking - I suppose trying to keep up with the other kids. I would say walking is her preferential mode now and she is quick too. Still a little wobbly from time to time, but she is getting it down. And she is finally standing herself up without having to pull herself up next to something - so two hands on the ground and pushes herself to a stand. Lets see, she has gotten another tooth - the front right. And it looks like there are more coming soon behind. She was actually to the doctor last week (her one-year check-up) and the doctor said there were six new teeth on their way. Surprisingly, she doesn't seem to let them bother her. And another thing that isn't phasing her is her ear infections. While at the doctor, he checked to see how her ears were since it had been a month since her last infection. To our surprise, she had another infection in both ears. She had no signs though - no fever, no tugging, no fussiness - and still no signs to this day. I'm hoping she gets over these soon... I hate the thought that tubes may be needed... I'm really hoping it won't come to that. And if you were wondering, here are her other stats -
Height - 29 inches (25-50th percentile)
Weight - 19 lbs. 14.5 oz. (15-25th percentile)
Head Circumference - 45.5 cm. (50-75th percentile)
Let's see - other news on Morgan... She isn't saying much for words yet. Right now her vocabulary is limited to "hi", "bye-bye", "Momma", "ut-oh". She is starting to use the sign for "more" and properly too, so that is a new skill. I think that covers her.

Wow! I bet you weren't expecting so much!

Anyway, here are some recent favorite pictures... just a random selection of life around our house. Plus I have also included two links to a few more pictures on Picasa. Hope you enjoy!

End of February (some of these you have already seen, but most haven't been posted previously) - http://picasaweb.google.com/tracineuberger/20100220To28LateFebruaryPicturesAroundTheHouse?feat=directlink


PS - I know we don't do the best of keeping in touch with everyone, but we would love to hear from you. Drop us a call or email anytime.

No comments: