Saturday, October 18, 2008

Jackson Goes for a Walk

This week marked a big milestone for Jackson - taking his first steps. Up until now, he had really only walked along the couch and other objects, maybe taking one or two steps before falling to his bottom. But this past Tuesday (10/14), he finally took about 6 to 8 steps. He walked from the TV stand to one of his toys. He made it all the way without falling and was so proud of himself when he made it to his goal! Mommy and Daddy were pretty proud too! Unfortunately, we didn't catch those first steps on video, but the next night he gave us a pretty good show. Check it out...




Everyday since, he has started going farther and trying to do it even when we are not next to him to get him going. He is still crawling to get to most of the places he wants to go, but he is continuing to try out his new walking talent. So fun!

That has really been the big event of the week - which is pretty big. Other happenings though...

  • Jackson and I have been battling colds all week. I think we are just now starting to see the end of them (at least for now).
  • Little Peanut is really starting to get active. I am feeling the kicks quite frequently now and Tom has even been able to feel them! I'll be starting my 23rd week tomorrow (only 17 to go, but who's counting)!
  • Tom surprised me at work by bring Jackson by on Tuesday afternoon. He slipped out of work a little early, picked up Jackson, and brought him back to the office. He had told me he was going out to see a customer, so I was really shocked to have my little boy come tug on my chair. So nice and all our co-workers loved seeing him.

Other than this, I'll just post some other cute pictures and videos from our evenings around the house.

I think Jackson really looks like Tom in this next one...

Well, I guess we also had a big day today, but I'm going to detail that in a separate post, so keep reading.

Oh, and one last thing... a link to other pictures from this week...
http://www.photoworks.com/members/slideShow.jsp?id=44751677&key=tracineuberger

No comments: