Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Six Months Old!


Well, I didn't do so well posting during the month of May, so I'm hoping that I will do better in this month. Where does the time go? On Thursday (5/29), Jackson turned six months old! So hard for me to believe! He is at such a fun stage right now... So interactive and so close to crawling! We've caught him doing an "army crawl" a couple times, but every time we get the camera out to catch it, he stops! Needless to say, I haven't started to baby-proof the house, so I need to get in gear before he is too mobile. Jackson has also really taken to baby food and eating with a spoon. He is getting cereal in the mornings now and then we have been trying new foods for his "supper". So far he has enjoyed peas and sweet potatoes. He loves them! The doctor advised that we should feed him the same veggie/fruit for a couple days in a row before introducing a new one... it gives his system a chance to get used to it and to make sure he doesn't have any allergies to the food we are feeding him.

The last week of May (the 22nd to the 29th), Mom and Dad were out to visit us. It was a great time! We didn't do a whole lot - for the most part we stuck close to the house. The weather was decent, so we did enjoy some time in the outdoors. We spent Sunday in Victoria, BC, which is located on Vancouver Island and you have to take a ferry to get there. It was a fun day, other than Tom being sick most of the day and me getting sick on the way home. We did get to enjoy the beautiful Butchart Gardens, but I would like to go back and explore a little more of the city. Also during their stay, we visited the Railroad Museum in Snoqualmie and the Nordic Heritage Museum in Ballard (a neighborhood of Seattle). We (Dad, Mom, and I) all agreed that the Nordic museum was pretty interesting. I know I would like to go back and spend some more time there. Mom and I also did some shopping while Tom and Dad played golf. We were busy, but I think it was still relaxing for all of us. It was hard to see them leave, but luckily Jackson and I will be visiting them in July (back to Nebraska for my 10 year high school reunion). Mom & Dad's trip was a great kick off to the summer and it is making us excited for our vacation with the Neuberger clan to South Carolina over Independence Day.

Well, I better wrap this up. More to come soon... hopefully a video of Jackson crawling! Here are a few favorite pics of recent and go check the Photoworks website for all of the recent ones.


No comments: